Layered vegan s’mores bar with a date-almond crust, a dairy-free chocolate ganache, and a marshmallow layer on top. Perfect for summer dessert!
- 1 ½ cups superfine almond flour
- ¼ cup Medjool dates
- 3 TBSP coconut oil, melted, + more as needed
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
CHOCOLATE GANACHE LAYER:
- 1 1/4 cup Hu Kitchen Gems
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Course sea salt, for topping
MARSHMALLOW LAYER :
- 1 10 oz. bag vegan and gluten-free marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add almond flour and dates to a high speed blender or food processor and mix on high until a fine meal is achieved, scraping down sides as needed.
- Add the melted coconut oil to the blender. This should form a sticky crumbly dough. Add a little more as needed to form a dough that will stick together when pressed with your fingers.
- Add chopped pecans and pulse a few more times to combine – you want a little texture here so leave it slightly chunky!
- Transfer mixture to the parchment-lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and there is some browning on the surface. Remove from the oven to cool slightly.
- In the meantime, add chocolate to a medium mixing bowl. Add almond milk to a separate small mixing bowl or measuring cup and microwave for 30 seconds. Add milk to chocolate and allow it to rest for 5 minutes to melt completely.
- Stir gently with a wooden spoon to incorporate.
- Spread the ganache over the slightly cooled crust and sprinkle on a little sea salt on top. Top with vegan marshmallows. Switch the oven to broil and broil the bars for 5-10 minutes, until the marshmallows are golden brown and slightly burnt. Allow bars to cool completely before slicing.
- Once the chocolate has set, lift the bars out of the baking dish and gently
- Carefully chop into 9 bars and serve immediately. Best when served fresh! Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven-Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined-Sugar-Free