6-ingredient breakfast bars with hearty oats, plant-based protein and fresh figs! Gluten-free, oil-free, and naturally sweetened with dates and maple syrup.
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats, divided
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
- ½ cup super-fine almond flour
- 1 heaping cup of fresh figs, trimmed and halved
- ½ cup Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven 350°F and line an 8X8 (or similar size) square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine half the oats, almonds, and almond flour and pulse until well combined.
- Add the dates and process for another 30 seconds.
- Add the fresh figs and remaining oats and blend until sticky and well combined. If the mixture is too dry, add another date or two, a handful of fresh figs, or 1 TBSP maple syrup to get the mixture to stick. It should be thick but not dry and crumbly.
- When you’ve reached your desired consistency, press mixture into the parchment covered 8×8 square pan and top with optional diced strawberries and a sprinkle of oats.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown around the edges and firm to the touch.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Store in the fridge for 5-7 days and freeze for long term storage.
- Category: Breakfast, Meal Prep
- Method: Oven-Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, Oil-Free, Gluten-Free, Refined-Sugar-Free