Oil-free baked Japanese yam rounds served with hummus and a drizzle of sriracha! This simple sweet and spicy combo is a great snack or appetizer!
- 1–2 large Japanese yams
- ¼ cup hummus
- Sriracha or hot sauce
- optional toppings: microgreens, sesame seeds, hemp hearts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scrub the Japanese yams and remove the skins with a potato peeler (optional, but I typically do!). Slice into ¼ -½” rounds. Arrange on a baking sheet so none of them are touching.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping once halfway through. The sweet potato rounds should be fork tender and golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a plate or platter. Top each round with a spoonful of hummus and a drizzle of sriracha.
- Serve immediately with any additional toppings!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: Appetizers, Healthy Snacking
- Method: Oven-Bake
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Refined-Sugar-Free