1-pot soup made with green lentils and tomatoes in a sweet spiced tomato broth. Perfect for meal prep and cozy winter dinners.
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ TBSP tomato paste
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- ½ lb Eden Foods Organic Green Lentils
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- fresh ground black pepper
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- Add the avocado oil to a large stock pot over medium heat. Once warm, add in the onion and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the onion is translucent and fragrant.
- Add in the tomato paste and paprika and stir to coat the onion and garlic.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, lentils, and vegetable broth and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Cover and reduce the heat to medium low, then allow the soup to simmer for 50-60 minutes.
- Uncover the pot and season with black pepper and a big squeeze of lemon. Taste and add Himalayan sea salt, if desired.
- Serve warm! Store leftovers in the fridge for 3-5 days and reheat before serving.
- Category: Soup, Side
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Refined-Sugar-Free