Easy 5-ingredient pumpkin apple butter lightly sweetened with maple syrup and apple juice. Perfect to add fall flair to any breakfast, dessert, or snack.
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup all-natural apple-juice or apple cider
- 2 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and whisk with a fork to combine. Bring the mixture to a low boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for ~30 minutes, stirring often.
- Allow to cool completely, then divide pumpkin apple butter between glass (canning) jars and seal tight. Store Pumpkin Apple Butter in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
*If you have the time and want to simmer for more than 30 minutes, the extra time will only deepen the flavors. I found that mine tastes great after 30 minutes, though!
- Category: Dip, Spread, Dressing
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Refined Sugar-Free