Easy 7-ingredient no-bake vegan lemon bars made with a special “cookie” crust. Naturally sweet and gluten-free. Perfect for a healthy warm weather treat.
- 2 packages (6 oz) of Lemon Pie Coco-Roons*
- 2–3 TBSP melted coconut oil (or sub coconut butter if oil-free)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup coconut butter, softened**
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- pinch of turmeric (optional, for color)
- 1 TBSP lemon zest (zest from ~1 large lemon)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, plus more to taste
- optional for serving: 2 TBSP coconut flour or shredded coconut, for topping
- First, quick-soak your cashews by adding raw cashews to a bowl with enough boiling hot water to cover them. soak for 30 minutes, then drain and rinse.
- Meanwhile, line 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add Coco-Roons and melted coconut oil to a high speed blender and pulse until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to parchment-lined baking dish and spread into an even layer with your hands or the back of a spatula. Keep pressing until it’s evenly distributed and well packed. This may take a few minutes. Refrigerate the crust until filling is ready.
- Add soaked cashews to a high speed blender with softened coconut butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, and maple syrup. Mix on high until very creamy and smooth.
- Taste and add a little more maple syrup for more sweetness or lemon juice/zest for brightness. I like mine very lemon-y!
- Pour filling over the raw refrigerated Coco-Roon crust and spread into an even layer with the back of a spoon.
- Transfer baking dish to refrigerator to allow to chill for 1-2 hours before serving.
- To serve, slice into squares and sprinkle with optional coconut flour/shred. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, covered, for up to one week.
- For a frozen treat, stash these lemon bars in the freezer instead for long term storage!
*If you can’t find Coco-Roons, try subbing your favorite granola here instead for a similar result
**If you can’t find coconut butter, try subbing coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk for varied results
- Prep Time: 3 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan