Six ingredient peanut butter & jelly breakfast bars that are naturally oil-free, gluten-free, and sweetened with dates and maple syrup.
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Organic Old Fashioned Rolled Oats, divided
- 1 cup raw unsalted peanuts
- ½ cup peanut powder
- 1 heaping cup of hulled and diced strawberries, fresh or frozen + more for topping
- ½ cup Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven 350°F and line an 8X8 (or similar size) square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In food processor or high speed blender, combine half the oats, peanuts, and peanut powder and pulse until well combined.
- Add dates and process for another 30 seconds.
- Add strawberries and remaining oats and blend until sticky and well combined. If the mixture is too dry, add another date or two, a handful of fresh strawberries, or 1 TBSP maple syrup to get the mixture to stick. It should be thick but not dry and crumbly.
- When you’ve reached your desired consistency, press mixture into the parchment covered 8×8 square pan and top with optional diced strawberries and a sprinkle of oats.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown around the edges and firm to the touch.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Store in the fridge for 5-7 days and freeze for long term storage.
*If your dates are dried out, try soaking them in hot water for ~10 minutes, then drain and add to recipe.
**Heavily adapted from my Blueberry Maple Baked Breakfast Bars
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Oven-Bake
- Cuisine: Oil-Free, Gluten-Free, Refined-Sugar-Free