Enjoy carrot cake cookies perfect for busy weekday mornings. Oil-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and high in protein to keep you fueled for hours.
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup Toasted Quinoa Flakes
- ½ cup cooked Toasted Quinoa (or sub gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats!)
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1 large banana
- 2 flax eggs (2 TBSP ground flaxseed + 6 TBSP filtered water)
- ½ cup roasted almond butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flaxseed and warm water and set aside to thicken for about 5 minutes. Next, add the smashed banana, almond butter, applesauce, and maple syrup and stir well to incorporate.
- Sift in the oat flour, quinoa flakes, and cinnamon and stir well to combine.
- Fold in the cooked quinoa, shredded carrots, raisins, and walnuts.
- With a cookie scoop, spoon ~1.5 TBSP batter for each cookie onto the baking sheet and flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned underneath and firm to the touch.
- Store cooled cookies in an airtight container the fridge for 3-5 days and freeze for long term storage.
- Category: Breakfast, Cookie, Dessert, Snack
- Method: Oven-Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free