Hearty veggie-centric dish featuring eggplant stuffed with Italian flavors, veggies, and quinoa. Enjoy for a special occasion or easy weeknight dinner.
- 2 medium/large eggplants
- 1–2 TBSP avocado oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt (not too much because the olives add sodium!)
- 4 TBSP chopped fresh parsley or herbs of choice + more for serving
- OPTIONAL: 2 giant handfuls of dark leafy greens, like spinach or kale
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- For serving: vegan parmesan, fresh herbs
- 1 bottle 90+ Cellars Lot 94 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Halve two large eggplant and trim off green stem. Create a checkered pattern on the flesh side with a knife, careful not to pierce the skin, leaving about 1/2″ from the edges. Use a spoon to scoop out the eggplant flesh and set aside. They should fall out in little cubes. Don’t worry if it’s not perfect.
- Place empty shells on the baking sheet facedown and place in oven for 25-30 minutes, until eggplant shells are tender and soft.
- While eggplant shells are baking, prepare your veggies and quinoa. Heat avocado oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic powder and sauté for 3-5 minutes until onions are translucent. Add diced eggplant to the pan along with the green olives, oregano, rosemary, pepper, and Himalayan sea sat. Heat 10 minutes, then stir in grape tomatoes and the chopped spinach or kale and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in cooked quinoa and mix well, then spoon mixture into hollowed-out eggplant. Place eggplant back in the oven for another 20-30 minutes, until the eggplant filling is golden and warm.
- Serve with grated vegan parmesan, fresh herbs, and a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. Store leftover stuffed eggplant in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Category: Entree, Main Meal
- Method: Oven-Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free