Upgrade your toasts with this delicious nut butter based romesco sauce and roasted cauliflower. Enjoy this toast spread for a light lunch, tasty snack, or appetizer. Perfect for any season, this sauce adds intrigue to any meal!
- ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- ROMESCO SAUCE
- 1 tomato, cored
- 1 large or 2 small roasted red pepper, fresh or from a jar
- ¼ cup Nuttzo (or sub any nut butter)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 TBSP unsweetened almond milk
- 1 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- Himalayan sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Seeded toast (GF if applicable)
Handfulof basil or parsley
- Handful of spinach
- Hemp hearts
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the cauliflower into ½-inch slabs and place onto the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with avocado oil (omit this step if OF) and season with a bit of Himalayan salt and pepper and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until tender in the middle and golden around the edges.
- Meanwhile, mix your romesco sauce. Add the tomato, roasted red pepper, nut butter, garlic powder, almond milk, red wine vinegar, sweet paprika, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
sauce, add more almond milk or water in 1 TBS increments to reach desired consistency. You want the sauce to be thick so it doesn’t run everywhere when spread. thinner
- To assemble the toasts, spread romesco sauce on toasted bread and top with fresh herbs, spinach, roasted cauliflower, and sprinkle with hemp hearts. Serve immediately.
- Store leftover romesco sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Category: Toast, Snack
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Oil-Free