Vegan BLT Toast with tempeh and avocado on seeded bread with cherry tomatoes, arugula, and cashew mayonnaise. Try it out for a light lunch or meal!
- 2 large avocados
- 4 slices seeded bread, toasted
- tempeh bacon
- ½ cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup organic arugula
- ¼ cup cashew mayonnaise
- Himalayan sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Prepare your cashew mayonnaise in advance. Add the soaked cashews and all mayo ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until very well combined and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed to recombine. Taste and add more nutritional yeast for cheesiness, lemon for brightness, or maple syrup for sweetness. Transfer mayonnaise to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready for use.
- Remove tempeh “bacon” from the packaging and add to a frying pan with a drizzle of avocado oil. Heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown all over.
- Toast bread and top with mashed avocado, chopped tomatoes, tempeh bacon, and arugula.
- Drizzle mayo over avocado toast and season with Himalayan sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch
- Method: Toaster
- Cuisine: Vegan, Oil-Free