Baked berry granola with three kinds of sweet berries and SunButter for an oil-free option. Perfect to make ahead for breakfast and snacking!
- 3 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups pecans
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- ½ cup Organic SunButter
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the frozen mixed berries to a large saucepan and heat over medium heat until they soften and start to bubble. Allow to simmer for 6-8 minutes, until the start to thicken and stick to the pan. Set aside.
- Mix the oats, pecans, walnuts, maple syrup, and SunButter together in a large bowl.
- Pour the warm berries over the mixing bowl ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon. The mixture should be well coated and moist.
- Crumble the mixture evenly across the parchment covered baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes, rotating the pan once halfway but not stirring anything.
- Once the granola is golden brown on top and the edges, remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes. Don’t touch the granola during this time! This will yield chunkier granola.
- After 15 minutes, break the granola into desired sized chunks.
- Transfer granola to an airtight container and keep for several weeks.
- Category: Snack, Brreakfast
- Method: Stovetop, Oven-Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined-Sugar-Free, Oil-Free