Savory toast with a white-bean and cashew based ricotta spread topped with baby artichokes and fresh dill. Perfect for brunch or a light lunch!
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces, quick-soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
- 1 TBSP unsweetened almond milk
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp runny tahini
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 TBSP nutritional yeast (optional)
- Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- 4–6 slices seeded bread (Gluten-Free/Vegan as needed)
- 1 jar Edward & Sons Native Forest Baby Artichoke Hearts, halved
- fresh dill, chopped
- Add the cashews to a small bowl and cover with hot water. Soak for at least minutes, then drain and rinse well.
- Transfer soaked cashews to a blender with the almond milk until you have a thick lumpy paste. Add in the beans, tahini, lemon juice, and optional maple syrup. Pulse until you have a thick well-combined spread, scraping down the sides as needed. It’s OK if it’s not perfectly smooth– some texture is desirable here.
- Use immediately or chill or 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- To assemble toasts, spread white bean ricotta over toasted seeded bread and top with sliced baby artichoke hearts and fresh dill. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Category: Toast
- Cuisine: Vegan, Oil-Free, Gluten-Free Option