Easy vegan chocolate covered strawberries with a crunchy chocolate coconut exterior. Perfect for a healthy Valentine’s Day treat!
- 1 pint strawberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 8 oz vegan dark chocolate (70% or higher), melted
- 1 bag Bare Snacks Chocolate Coconut Chips
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and set aside.
- Rinse the strawberries under running water and pat them dry with a towel. It’s important you have very dry strawberries before continuing to the next step.
- Add the dark chocolate to a saucepan over medium low. Warm until the chocolate is fully melted, stirring often.
- While the chocolate is melting on the stovetop, add the chocolate coconut chips to a high speed blender or food processor and pulse until you have smaller pieces– not too fine– some texture is OK and desired here. Alternatively, you can crush with your hands to achieve a similar result. Transfer the crushed chocolate coconut chips to a large plate and set beside the prepared baking sheet.
- Transfer the melted chocolate to a small bowl with enough depth to dip strawberries and set it next to the crushed chocolate coconut chips.
- One by one, dip the strawberries into the melted chocolate, swirling slightly to ensure they’re well coated. Allow any excess to drip off, then move strawberry to the coconut chip plate and carefully roll them in the crushed chips until all sides are covered.
- Finally, set the strawberry on the parchment covered baking sheet to set up. Repeat until the strawberries, chocolate, and chocolate coconut chips are all used up.
- Allow the strawberries to harden at room temperature, then refrigerate until serving. Freeze for long term storage.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil Free