Gooey caramel nougat bars made with Medjool dates and an almond flour nougat base. Dunk them in vegan chocolate for a Snickers dessert feel!
ALMOND FLOUR NOUGAT
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 4 TBSP almond butter
- ¼ cup gooey Medjool dates, pitted
- 1¼ cup Medjool dates
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1–2 TBSP unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup almonds, crushed
- 1 cup Hu Kitchen Gems
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the almond flour, almond butter, and dates to a food processor or high speed blender and pulse until well-combined.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan and place in the freezer while you prepare the next layer.
- Rinse out the food processor or blender and add the dates, almond butter, and almond milk. Blend until thick and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed to recombine. Remove pan from the freezer, and spread the mixture in an even layer on top of the crust. Sprinkle crushed almonds over the caramel, and press down lightly with your hands to make sure they stick. Place the pan back in the freezer for ~30 minutes, or until the caramel/almonds set.
- Remove pan from the freezer and remove the entire base from the pan by lifting with the parchment paper. Place on a cutting board and slice into squares/bars. Arrange bars on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place back in the freezer.
- Melt the chocolate Gems in a pan over medium low, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Remove the baking pan from the freezer, and carefully dip the base of each cut bar into the chocolate. Drain any excess chocolate from the bar base, then place the bar back on the parchment lined baking sheet to set up. Drizzle the top of each bar with melted chocolate. Repeat until all bars have a chocolate base and chocolate drizzle.
- Place the pan in the fridge for ~30 minutes to set, then serve firm bars immediately.
- Store in the fridge for 3-5 days and freeze for long term storage.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Refined-Sugar-Free