Power bowl with roasted delicata squash, quinoa, spinach, basil, and toasted pine nuts. Oil-free, gluten-free, and packed with protein and leafy greens!
- 1 delicata squash, wash, seeded, and sliced into 1” half-moons
- avocado oil (optional)
- 2 cups Eden Foods Organic Red Quinoa, cooked
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- fresh squeezed lemon
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder, or 2 garlic cloves smashed
- handful of fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 giant handful of spinach, roughly chopped
- Himalayan sea salt and black pepper, to taste
For serving: lemon tahini dressing, hummus
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse your delicata squash under running water. Cut off the stem and the bottom end. Slice the squash vertically and scoop out the seeds from each halve with a spoon. Slice each halve into 1″ half-moons then arrange on the baking sheet. Drizzle with optional avocado oil, or skip if oil-free. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway to ensure even browning.
- Meanwhile, prepare the quinoa by following package instructions. Once cooked, scoop out 2 cups for use in this recipe and save the rest for another use.
- Toast the pine nuts by adding them to a large shallow pan over medium heat, tossing frequently, for 5-10 minutes, or until golden brown on all sides and fragrant. Transfer the pine nuts to a plate or bowl and place the pan back on the burner.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and add the measured cooked quinoa to the pan. Next, add the spinach, garlic powder, Himalayan sea salt, black pepper, and chopped basil to the pan and toss to combine. Warm 3-5 minutes, or just until the spinach and basil start to soften and wilt.
- To serve, spoon quinoa mixture into two bowls and top with roasted delicata squash, toasted pine nuts, and fresh squeezed lemon. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from In It For the Long Run
- Category: Salad, Entree, Bowl
- Method: Oven, Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Oil-Free, Gluten-Free