4-ingredient raw energy balls with peanut butter, oats, dates, and fresh basil! Perfect to make ahead for snacking on the go when basil is in season!
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups dates, pitted and packed
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- Add the oats, dates, basil, and peanut butter to a high-speed blender or food processor and process until everything is well combined, pausing to scrape down the sides and recombine. The dough should form a large sticky ball.
- Roll dough into ~1 1/2 TBSP balls with your hands and roll in more minced basil for garnish, if desired.
- Serve the balls immediately.
- Store leftover Peanut Butter Basil Bliss Balls in the fridge for 3-5 days and freeze them for long term storage.
Recipe adapted from This Rawsome Vegan Life
If your dates are dried up and a little on the mature side, pour boiling water over them and let them sit for about 10 minutes, then drain and add to the recipe. Voila, juicy dates!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Energy Balls, Snack
- Method: Hand-mix
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Refined Sugar-Free