Bring in spring greens with this macro bowl packed with seasonal veggies. Oil-free gluten-free, and packed with plant protein! Perfect for meal prep and quick lunches.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white quinoa
- 6 cups kale, massaged
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cooked green peas
- 4 artichoke hearts, sliced
- 3–4 radishes, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- kale pesto hummus
- handful of mint leaves
- 1 TBSP hemp hearts
- sliced avocado, optional
- If you haven’t already cooked your quinoa, prepare it first according to package instructions.
- Rinse the asparagus and snap off the woody ends. Steam them in a pan on the stove top with peas for 2-3 minutes, until vibrant green and fork tender.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare your bowl additions for serving. Chop the pistachios, slice the artichoke hearts, slice the avocado and radish, and rinse the kale and mint leaves.
- Massage the kale with lemon juice and allow to sit and wilt slightly.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the kale and quinoa between bowls and top with chickpeas, peas, artichoke hearts, pistachios, avocado, and sliced radish. Add a dollop of kale pesto hummus and garnish with mint leaves and hemp hearts.
- Store leftovers separately in the fridge and throw together for easy leftover lunches.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Macro Bowl, Entree
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free