Easy one pan meal with roasted vegetables, protein, and spice in just 30 minutes. Perfect for meal prep with gluten-free and oil-free options.
This meal is dedicated to those nights when you need something quick, comforting, healthy (but please not boring), for dinner.
It’s also quite possibly my favorite simple meal. One that I immediately draw from my mental cookbook when I don’t know what else to make.
What’s not to love about a one pan meal that’s packed with roasted veg, protein, and seductive herbs and spices?
Here is what you will need:
a protein (chickpeas),
a leafy green (brussel sprouts),
a starchy carb (sweet potato),
a fun veg for color (bell pepper),
a fresh herb
a fun spice
While the veggies shown are my favorite blend, swap some out and see what you like best!
I’ve enjoyed cauliflower in the mix before, subbed broccoli in place of brussel sprouts, or butternut squash for the sweet potato.
The variations are endless!
Have you ever tried roasting with fresh dill?
For a while, I was secretly scared of fresh herbs.
Don’t ask me why, but I shrank away from their leafy green bunches and instead pulled out my trusted jars of dried herbs.
I still use dried herbs, frequently, and they have their place in the kitchen.
This dish, however, is not one of them!
Add your favorite fresh herb and it will POP with flavor.
I think thyme or rosemary would do nicely here, too.
Serve this dish on its own, over quinoa, or with a big spoonful of hummus.
It’s so easy to reheat and tastes just as good for lunch the next day as it did the night before.
Throw it in Tupperware and heat up at the office or enjoy cold over salad greens with lemon tahini dressing.
If you make this Roasted Sweet Potato, Brussel Sprouts, & Chickpeas (My Favorite “Tray Dinner”), let me know!
Be sure to leave a comment and rating below so I can use your feedback to make more yums.
Love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!
Easy 1 pan meal with roasted vegetables, protein, and spice in just 30 minutes. Perfect for meal prep with gluten-free and oil-free options.
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp avocado oil (optional– I sometimes omit altogether!)
- 3 cups
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes, diced into thick chunks, skin left on
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 TBSP fresh dill
- 1–2 TBSP Tandoori Masala spice blend (or your favorite spice)
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the brussel sprouts, sweet potato, chickpeas, and red bell pepper with the optional avocado oil and Tandoori Masala seasoning, stirring to make sure they’re well coated.
- Spread on the baking sheet and season with fresh chopped dill, Himalayan sea salt, and black pepper.
- Bake for ~30 minutes* until veggies are fork tender but not mushy.
- Set a timer for every 5-10 minutes and stir to ensure even baking (for best results but sometimes I skip this!)
- To serve, spoon mixture onto two plates and top with
freshsqueezed lemon, fresh dill, and hummus.
The bell pepper/chickpea pan may need to come out before the sweet potato/
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning I earn a commission if you use these links. I only recommend brands I love, trust, and can’t keep quiet about!