Easy, healthy raw vegan “Twix” bars with an almond flour base, date caramel center, and dark chocolate topping. Gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 TBSP unrefined coconut oil (or sub coconut butter if OF)
- 1/4 cup (~5) Medjool dates
DATE “CARAMEL” LAYER
- 1 1/4 cup Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup nut butter (I used peanut butter!)
- 1–2 TBSP unsweetened almond milk
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 4 bars Hu Kitchen Salty Dark Chocolate (~8 oz. dark chocolate)
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the almond flour, unrefined coconut oil, and dates to a food processor or high speed blender and pulse until well combined.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan and place in the freezer while you prepare the next layer.
- Rinse out the food processor or blender and add the dates, nut butter, almond milk, and salt. Blend until thick and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed to recombine. Remove pan from the freezer and spread the mixture in an even layer on top of the crust. Place the pan back in the freezer for ~30 minutes until the caramel layer sets.
- Melt the chocolate bars in a pan over medium low, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Remove pan from the freezer and pour the chocolate mixture on top of the date caramel and spread in an even layer. Tap a few times to remove any air bubbles.
- Place the pan in the fridge for ~30 minutes to set.
- Cut into squares and serve! The chocolate won’t break perfectly– that’s OK!
- Store in the fridge for 3-5 days and freeze for longterm storage.
- Prep Time: 3 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Refined Sugar-Free