Easy one-pan meal packed with summer produce and chickpea protein. Throw this healthy plant-based meal comes together in under 30 minutes!
Dan has a theory that food tastes better if you clean the dirty dishes before you chow down.
I wouldn’t know, because I always greedily dig into my food while I let the dirty dishes “soak”.
They totally need to do that, you know.
That’s why I make meals like this 1-Pan Paprika Summer Veg & Chickpeas so there’s only one pan staring up at me under soap suds after dinner.
Oh, and because it tastes like everything fiery and fun about summer in a pan.
I love making this one-pan meal because it builds on itself until you’re left with a pan brimming with perfectly spiced chickpeas and veg.
How can all that flavor fit in just one pan?
Well, it is a pretty big pan.
No, seriously, pull out your largest pan for this recipe because you need to accommodate for a lot!
The blend of spices and flavors going on in this little one pan meal is alone pretty impressive.
Smokey paprika, tart lemon, spicy red pepper flakes, and sweet basil all play a part.
I added all of my favorite seasonal summer vegetables along with a can of chickpeas for plant-based protein.
Cook up this easy 1-Pan Paprika Spiced Summer Veg & Chickpeas whenever you’re craving something quick and healthy for dinner with minimal cleanup.
I like mine with a little extra lemon and red pepper flakes.
It’s ideal for making in summer when summer squash, tomatoes, and corn are in season or enjoy year-round if you can find good produce!
If you make this 1-Pan Paprika Summer Veg & Chickpeas, let me know!
Be sure to leave me a comment, rating, and review so I can use your feedback to create more yums.
Check out my Pinterest page to pin more recipe like this one to make later.
For more one-pan meals, check out my Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Brussel Sprouts, & Chickpeas Sheet Pan Meal, Rosemary Roasted Cauliflower Salad, or Maple Balsamic Brussel Sprout & Chickpea Bake.
Love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!
Easy one-pan meal packed with summer produce and chickpea protein. Throw this healthy plant-based meal comes together in under 30 minutes! Perfect for busy summer nights and weekly meal prep.
- 1–2 tsp avocado oil OR sub veggie broth for
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into 1/4” rounds and diced
- 1 small green zucchini, cut into 1/4” rounds and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup steamed corn
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 green onions, green parts only, diced
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
Handfulof fresh basil leaves, torn/shredded
- Heat avocado oil or veggie broth in a large skillet over
- Once warm, add diced white onion, chickpeas, and garlic powder and cook 3-4 minutes, until chickpeas are slightly browned and onions are translucent.
- Next, add diced bell pepper and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add summer squash and zucchini and season with smoked paprika, sea salt, and black pepper and cook
andadditional 3-4 minutes.
- Finally, add in the cherry tomatoes, steamed corn, a squeeze of lemon and pinch
pfred pepper flakes, and heat 1-2 more minutes until the cherry tomatoes are juicy and wilted.
- Add a handful of fresh basil leaves, divide between two plates, and serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Category: Entree, One Pan Meal
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Oil-Free Option