Today I stocked up on pumpkin purée…again.
Every time I put armfuls of the 15 oz. cans in my cart I think to myself, yes, for sure, this should get me through pumpkin season.
But then it doesn’t, and this trip probably won’t either, because pumpkin is so darn good.
And because pumpkin season at F&V is more of a 365 day affair.
Lately I’ve been loving it in this Pumpkin Spice Pecan Granola that’s oil free, gluten free, and refined sugar free.
You’re less than ten ingredients and 30 minutes away from your new fall favorite!
Truth be told I don’t make my own granola as much as I should.
It’s like reading a book or playing my guitar…it’s always on my to do list but gets a bit lost under the howlers.
I’m always so appreciative when I do– it feels like the ultimate form of self care to have a big bag waiting for you on your kitchen counter.
For example, just today, I opened up the bag, stuck my nose in, and squeezed hard to encourage all of the pumpkin spice essence into my nostrils.
Smelling this is believing, buds.
But back to homemade granola– making homemade granola gives you options.
The option to add pumpkin, and to keep them low in sugar, oil free, and packed with lots of texture and crunch.
Baking with pumpkin truly is the best because it keeps things wonderfully moist and orange and creamy.
It doesn’t disappoint here to present you with lots of pumpkin flavor, Vitamin A, and stick-to.
In this recipe, you blend it on the stovetop with creamy Georgia Grinders Pecan Butter and pure maple syrup to make a sweet pumpkin pecan sauce.
This slightly salty, rich, and buttery pecan butter is perfect with pumpkin and maple here to dress your base.
Pour it over oats, pecans, and pepitas with a pinch of pumpkin spice and a dash of cinnamon and you’re well on your way to granola greatness.
If you’ve made my granola before, you know that I like it chunky, monkey.
I used the method in my Oil-Free Chunky Tahini Granola of baking the granola in a thin compact layer.
The trick is to allow the pumpkin spice slab to cool for at least 15 minutes before breaking it into beautiful pieces.
No matter how good it smells, and how good you think (read: know) it’ll taste, don’t touch that pan, friend.
The chunkage is worth it, I promise!
If you prefer looser more crumbly granola, use two baking sheets and crumble the granola so the pieces don’t overlap.
Stir several times while baking.
This Pumpkin Spice Pecan Granola (Oil-Free!) is perfect to have on hand for fall!
Enjoy it as a breakfast with almond milk or yogurt, by the handful as a snack, or sprinkled onto a sweet dessert.
If you’re looking for an entirely grain-free version, try subbing a blend of chopped nuts for the oats.
Don’t have pecan butter on hand and want to make this recipe, like, yesterday?
No worries! Sub your favorite nut or seed butter instead for a similar taste and texture.
If you make this Pumpkin Spice Pecan Granola (Oil-Free!), let me know!
Be sure to leave me a comment, rating, and review so I can use your feedback to make more yums.
Come say hi on Instagram @flora_and_vino and use #floraandvino.
Love this post and want more? Go to my homepage and subscribe to get updates delivered right to your inbox!
Fall inspired granola that’s gluten free, oil free, and refined sugar free with pumpkin puree and pecans. Perfect for breakfast or healthy snacking.
- 3 cups GF rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups raw pecans
- 1/3 cup raw pepitas
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1/4 cup + 2 TBS Georgia Grinders Pecan Butter (or sub your favorite nut or seed butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the oats, pecans, pepitas, and spices together in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the pecan butter, maple syrup, and pumpkin puree and whisk. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon. The mixture should be well coated but crumbly.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the parchment covered baking sheet and press into an even layer with a spatula or your hands. Bake for 20-25 minutes, rotating the pan once halfway but not stirring anything.
- Once the granola is golden brown on top and the edges, remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes. Don’t touch the granola during this time! This will yield chunkier granola.
- After 15 minutes minutes, break the granola into desired sized chunks.
- Transfer granola to an airtight container and keep for several weeks.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Granola, Breakfast, Snack
- Cuisine: Oil Free, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free
This post is brought to you by Georgia Grinders, but all words and eats are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that keep me hungry!